Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to PemberleyDeath Comes to Pemberley
by P.D. James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It really wasn't in my plans, but now I feel like I need to reread Pride and Prejudice. This novel was nothing like any other P.D. James book, but it was a lot like a Jane Austen book. The tone was spot on and I loved that James decided why people in P&P did what they did and explained it all in this (essentially) sequal. I listened to this as an audiobook and the performance was very good except that occasionally the men's voices were a bit over done.

I'm thinking of participating in the Annual Austen in August event at Roof Beam Reader and may need to add P&P to my reading list for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...