Sunday, November 27, 2016

End of the Year Reading Plan

There is about a month left to go on 2016, which means I need to get reading if I am going to complete my challenges for the year. My overall challenge of reading 101 books is on track, I have finished 93 books so far and have 3 in progress which leaves 5 more by the end of the year. The specific challenges are less on track. 
  • I have three letters to go on the Alphabet Soup Challenge: H, Y, and Z. I am currently reading The Year of the Griffin so that will cover Y.
  • I have to read 2 more classics to make the minimum number of books read (6) for Back to the Classics. There are a lot of categories left for me to choose from, the trick is to match one of the books on my Classics Club list to a category.
  • I have 3 more books to read for the What's in a Name Challenge. I still need to read books with these things in the titles: an item of clothing, a month of the year, a title with the word 'tree' in it.
Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing will cover the letter Z and if I read House of Mirth by Edith Wharton that will cover "a classic by a woman author" for Back to the Classics and the letter H for Alphabet Soup. Cakes and Ale is an option for a "20th century classic" and Sense and Sensibility would cover a "19th century classic." These titles  all have the fact that they are short and that I own copies of them in their favor. 

I have a couple of ideas for the What's in a Name books, but this challenge is going to be tough to complete at this point. Death in August looks interesting, and The Guns of August has been on my TBR list for a long time (it is really long though so won't get read in the next 30 days). For the clothing book Death by Petticoat is on my TBR list and may be manageable in the next month. I read an Aunt Dimity mystery several years ago and liked it. There is one called Aunt Dimity and the Family Tree which could be a good option for this challenge. 

This is quite a bit of reading, but not impossible. Will see what the next 30 days brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...