Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lisa's Review: Bury Your Dead

Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the sixth novel in the Chief Inspector Gamache series. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the books in this series, but I think this is my favorite one yet.

I enjoyed the complexity of the three distinct (and sometimes intertwining) story lines. One brings us back to Three Pines with Jean-Guy Beauvoir & is a continuation of plot from the previous book. Another has Chief Inspector Gamache investigating a murder in Quebec City. And the other being the unfolding of events of a recent tragic event that involved both Beauvoir & Gamache.

I loved a lot about this book. I was almost blindsided by one big shocker...loved how my jaw dropped as I was about to realize what happened. Also, I'm no history buff, but I really enjoyed the Samuel de Champlain historical slant with the Quebec City story line. And I thought the way the third story line told from both Beauvoir and Gamache's points of view was excellent. There was a lot going on in this book and it was all laid out perfectly.    

This is my fifth book read for the 10th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...